The Elizabeth House Maternity Home provides housing for expectant women with up to two additional children under the age of 10 years old upon move-in. Because we are funded through private donations, there is absolutely no charge for mothers to live at The Elizabeth House.
Any pregnant woman over the age of 18 may apply for residency. We offer shelter, baby items, and guidance with parenting and living skills. Each mother is encouraged to attend a Christian church service of her choice on Sunday morning, a weekly meeting, perform chores, observe curfews, sign in and out, and either work, go to school, or serve as a volunteer.
The period of residency is through pregnancy and up to six months after birth for women choosing to parent their babies, or up to six weeks for women making an adoption plan.
A completed application from you is necessary. We also require proof of pregnancy, a criminal background check.
Step 1: Contact the Elizabeth House for an initial phone interview by either filling out the interest form (click here) or calling us at 979-676-9416.
Step 2: Receive, complete and return our intake application.
Step 3: Application is reviewed by intake committee and a face to face interview is scheduled.
Step 4: Application and paperwork considered, the mother receives a call inviting her to the home and to schedule a move-in day.
- Must be 18 or older
- Willing to share a home with others and follow home rules
- Willing to work, to continue your education, and/or volunteer
- Willing to learn living, parenting, and employment skills
- Willing to attend counseling with counselor of choice on a regular basis if determined necessary
- Must complete entire application process including an interview, application, and admission packet.