The Elizabeth House Maternity Home provides housing for expectant women with up to two additional children under the age of 10 years old upon move-in. Because we are funded through private donations, there is absolutely no charge for mothers to live at The Elizabeth House.
Any pregnant woman over the age of 18 may apply for residency. We offer shelter, baby items, and guidance with parenting and living skills. Each mother is encouraged to attend a Christian church service of her choice on Sunday morning, a weekly meeting, perform chores, observe curfews, sign in and out, and either work, go to school, or serve as a volunteer.
The period of residency is through pregnancy and up to six months after birth for women choosing to parent their babies, or up to six weeks for women making an adoption plan.
A completed application from you is necessary. We also require proof of pregnancy, a criminal background check. Contact us to begin the application process by filling out our initial intake form.
Step 1: Contact The Elizabeth House to set up and complete a phone interview.
Step 2: Hold a face-to-face meeting, receive and complete application.
Step 3: Intake Committee makes decision based on availability and eligibility.
Step 4: Once all paperwork is completed and mother has been accepted, a move-in date will be arranged.
- Must be 18 or older
- Willing to share a home with others and follow home rules
- Willing to work, to continue your education, and/or volunteer
- Willing to learn living, parenting, and employment skills
- Willing to attend counseling with counselor of choice on a regular basis if determined necessary
- Must complete entire application process including an interview, application, and admission packet.