(Be sure to check out the awesome photos at the end of the newsletter!)
SAVE the DATE!
We will have our second annual Fiesta Banquet on Tuesday, September 29th at 7 PM at the Expo Center. Last year’s event was a huge success, and full of joy – we can’t wait to get together with all of you again this year. We have some big plans for 2015-16 to share with you! Our Keynote speaker is Pam Tebow, mother of the famous quarterback Tim Tebow. Her brave story of choosing life for her son Tim will leave you inspired!
Our residents have made huge strides forward in the last few weeks! Mama K delivered her healthy baby girl June. Baby Candy is growing and thriving and we adore her! We are also so glad to reunite Mama K with her older son, who will come to live at the Elizabeth House in August, so that he can start school in Bryan. Stability is a gift, and one that we are glad to provide for our residents and their children.
We are also proud of Mama A who started her new job last month and has worked hard to begin saving the majority of her income. She is very proud of her first savings account! She and her twin 5 year olds live at the Elizabeth House and they will start first grade in the fall. Mama A’s baby is due in November.
We are so thankful for our dedicated staff: Wendy, Jenny, Clair, Amy, Sheila, Lauren and Ashlie who work diligently each day to meet the needs of our residents and their children and help them look beyond today to a brighter future. We have weekly Bible studies and parenting classes lead by our House Manager, Wendy. We also have a weekly family meeting to cover house management and plans for the upcoming week. And our residents meet weekly with our Case Manager, who helps direct their overall program and offer any assistance that is needed.
Our volunteers and staff have been very busy at the Elizabeth House helping with the new arrival of a babies and teaching us valuable information in our weekly workshop classes. Here are a few highlights:
- Prenatal nutrition! Residents learn how to make spaghetti with meatballs while adding in colorful vegetables. They review healthy snacking and how to supplement those pesky cravings.
- Pro life education! Our guest speaker present on fetal development. It was an awakening for some and opened the door to great discussion about pro life issues and the reality of the life growing within them.
- Doula/Midwife/Childbirth Instruction! Guest speakers prepare our residents for labor with exercises, breathing techniques and give insight on exactly what the body is able to do in this incredible process.
- Aggieland Pregnancy Outreach: Offer adoption counseling to those who are in need. They speak on both child care and infant care that our residents are able to use with their older children as well. Residents share their past experiences, learn healthy parenting methods and begin planning on how they will mimic this as they become new mothers.
- Special thank you’s go to Andrea Hendon for being our on call midwife during Mama “K’s” labor and deliver and Lauryl Harvey for giving us her time to take newborn photos for our proud mama.
- We appreciate the selfless efforts of members from Grace Bible, Antioch Community Church and Three Angels Seventh-Day Adventist Church for welcoming our residents into your communities as they attend your service.
- We are so blessed by your willingness to help and the out pour of support we receive at every request. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please email Volunteer@
Upcoming Volunteer Training:
If you have not been to one of our Volunteer Training sessions but would like to become a volunteer, please try to attend on Saturday, July 25th at the Larry J. Ringer Library in College Station. We will be in the “Meeting Room” which is located in the foyer through the doors on the left. The meeting will be from10-11am and we will provide refreshments and a light snack. Please let me know if you are able to attend so that I can plan accordingly. Our next training will not be until after our upcoming banquet which is on September 29th. Hope to see you there! Please RSVP to clair@
We have several volunteer positions open:
Donations Coordinator: Helps to coordinate collection of donated items and occasionally assist us in finding specific donated items that we need for the home.
Driver Coordinator: Helps to coordinate rides for our residents. This person will assist the Volunteer Coordinator, using our database of volunteers to help our residents get rides to doctor appointments, work, etc…
Current Needs are:
Children’s movies (PG and G rated only please)
Children’s and baby books
Paper Goods: paper towels, toilet paper
Gift Cards to: Wal Mart, HEB, Kroger, Bed Bath & Beyond
Car or van
and many more items
If you have a donation, please email us at donations@
We have officially changed the name of our ministry to The Elizabeth House Maternity Home, sot that we can better serve our community as an independent non-profit and stay true to our mission. Please take a minute to our name to The Elizabeth House Maternity Home in any of your check or online donations.
And, as always, Thank you for your support and prayers.
Consider donating today!
As promised, here are a few photos to show you what we’ve been up to lately:
Elizabeth House Maternity Home residents visit Mama K and Baby Candy in the hospital!
Staff House Mother Jenny gets to hold Baby Candy for the first time
Staff House Manager Wendy gets to hold Baby Candy for the first time!
Many thanks for photographer Lauryl Harvey for her generous donation of newborn photos for Mama K and Baby Candy!
Welcome home basket for our new mamas!
Mama K and Baby Candy are home at last!
Mama A was reunited with family earlier this summer and Baby Leiani is just gorgeous!
It’s class time!
Please continue to keep the work of The Elizabeth House Maternity Home in your prayers. We are thankful for you!
The staff and residents of The Elizabeth House Maternity Home