We are so grateful to our many dedicated volunteers and prayer partners. Our hope is that everyone interested in being involved with The Elizabeth House Maternity Home can find a role that best suits their talents and availability.
Below, you will find a list of several different ways to help. Please look it over, choose your area(s) of interest, and then let us know by email what commitment you would like to make? Please contact Clair, our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
As you might imagine, The Elizabeth House Maternity Home has constant financial, practical, and spiritual needs. There is no shortage of opportunities to help. We have been impressed with some very creative ideas for assistance that our friends have come up with, beyond what is proposed here. Knowing that most people have many demands on their time, we only ask that you take a realistic approach to volunteering, so as not to over commit yourself. Despite the best will in the world, each person can only do so much.
We have a regular Volunteer Brunch, that we ask our potential volunteers to attend. This is the best way for you to learn about our ministry.
Here is a list of volunteer needs:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- weekly/bi-weekly mentoring
- weekly/bi-weekly grocery store trips
- occasional driving to appts., job fairs, etc.
- volunteer at one of our weekly activities, such as our cooking class or knitting class
- resume help
- academic tutoring
- doula services
- nursing/new mother help
- babysitting during meeting times
- spiritual adoption
- new mother and new baby welcome baskets
- host a baby shower
- seasonal yard work
- Boutique assistance : help with the organization of Mary’s Shelter’s own thrift store, available ONLY to Mary’s Shelter residents.
- household repair/maintenance
- monthly food pantry pick-up and delivery
- organize diaper/formula/ clothing drive
- coordinate, or participate in, a group to adopt a mother
- be a parish/church liasion